Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Matt Plain: An Introduction

Hi class,

My name is Matt Plain. I'm a senior in the film program. I don't really have a favorite film or video. The environment in which one views a motion picture has an impact on the viewer's opinion of the motion picture. So, my favorite viewing experiences were watching "The Departed" at a packed budget cinema in the front row while the audience was cheering/booing at the screen, watching "Drive" at a budget cinema after eating a marijuana cookie that kicked in when the movie got excessively violent, and viewing Cecelia Condit's "Possibly in Michigan" at one of UW-Madison's theaters. My favorite motion pictures to watch recreationally are Extreme Animal's "The Urgency" and "Three O'Clock High." I think one of the best examples of "metacinema" is Daniel Sandin's "How TV Works."

Best,
Matt Plain

No comments:

Post a Comment