Saturday, June 27, 2015

Intro to Josh Peterson

I am Film major and this is the very last class I need to complete my degree. Woo! Fall Semester of 2014 I took a collaborative film course and made a film titled 'I Am Here' which was accepted into the Cannes film festival this year and also won first place at the student film festival the following Spring Semester. I have also completed my Senior Project as of last semester which hasn't won any awards (yet!), but if anyone wants to check it out...

Every Night (Senior Project)
Password: night

Every Night from Josh Peterson on Vimeo.



I'm quite interested in the content of this course. I'm a big fan of cinematic moments that break the fourth wall and never considered that a lot of those moments would be considered metacinema.

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, a favorite film of mine, has dialog/voice over moments that are metacinematic moments throughout it. The ending (below) is a great example.



See you all in the trenches!

No comments:

Post a Comment